Today I decided to venture out to the grocery store by myself! Yes, that meant driving myself instead of being chauffered by Shea. The weather wasn't that great and the roads were very wet but I made it just fine. Spent 2 hours in the store buying lots of much needed supplies and then made it through the check out with 2 Polish words (Dzien dobry-Hello, Dziekuje-thank you). I am also thankful for all the practice of driving a 5 speed....
Posted by Rachel
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow! Already driving?! That's great! Do/Did you have to take a driver's test of any kind to get a Polish Driver's License? Have enjoyed reading a bit from your perspective, too, Rachel!
~Anita :)
You do not have to take a special test to drive just have an international driver's license.
Thanks for letting us know about the driver's license. Do you just have to pay a fee to get an international DL? (when I lived in Germany, we had to take a written test before allowed to get a DL.)
Glad you enjoyed your 18 hour trip. :)
Paul is in Dominican Republic until Tues. Oct 30... he's with Compassion International
Post a Comment