Saturday, February 21, 2009

Why you don't use all your timeouts!!!

I had to write about this...it was definitely a first for me. A couple of weeks of ago the older girls basketball team that I assist with had a game. First of all, I must preface by saying that the head coach of the team is an extremely good coach and highly respected in all of Poland! Let me set the stage for all this...this particular day, we had a "double header" and the first game was fairly easy. We were ahead by 10 to 20 the entire game with our starters sitting. At halftime, Marek, the coach, went to the restaurant there at the gym to set up lunch for the girls between games. He came back just in time for the 3rd quarter to start and was trying to take the girl's order...He finally sent one girl back to the restaurant with the order...she returned just before the end of the quarter with more questions. So, here is where it got interesting...the girls on the bench are yelling to the girls on the floor about which pierogi's they would like because the ones they ordered were not available! Now, this is the reason I was so glad that we had plenty of timeouts...Next thing I know, Marek is calling a timeout...As he walks to back to the bench, he just looked at me and laughed. The girls came to the bench, everyone decided what they wanted to eat-- timeout over!!
We win by 30!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious. Whatever works, I guess!
Love,
Dene