Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Time is drawing near.....

O.K. It's official....my brain is officially fried!!!! The last few weeks here in Richmond have continued to be quite busy as we are drawing close to the end of our training. Some of our sessions last week focused on the "persecuted church" and we heard many stories of the faithful that have gone before us and are on the field now.
The feeling is bitter sweet as we are excited and ready to go to Poland, but we have made so many great friends here and it is going to be difficult to say goodbye to them.

This last weekend, we actually had Saturday off and so we decided to do the "Griswald family vacation day". We loaded up the kids and did Williamsburg, Jamestown, and VA Beach all in one day!!!! I wanted to post some pictures of this past weekend. I also wanted to post some pictures of Claire-bear...For those that didn't hear the news, she had a little accident. Last Monday night she fell off the bed. Long-story-short....she has an undisplaced fractured clavicle. She has to be in a sling for a couple of weeks and it should heal in about 4 to 5 weeks. Please pray for her and us as we will be traveling in about a week.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid that when I have my own children I won't think they are as adorable. I mean really...I'm afraid.

CoCo

Anonymous said...

Poor Claire-bear. Give her a hug from me. (But be gentle) Love, Dene

Anonymous said...

shea next time please do not body slam claire-bear on the bed and hurt her.
andy wood

Diane said...

Good luck on Wednesday! I'll be thinking about you, McKenna!

Anonymous said...

Dear Massengales... guess who?...

it's MANY and KAREN... we miss you guys, a lot... who are we supposed to visit now, each time we pass through Chattanooga?

We are so happy for you, I saw the pictures and let me tell you this, you all are one of the most beautiful families that I have ever known and will ever know, I know this for sure, beautiful on every level...we love you guys and be sure that we are praying for you, I will keep your phone number in my phone until I will have another one if it's possible, but if not I will still keep the old one because I have you as "Massengale" on my phone book and I have a few numbers around yours, friends that start with M and each time I call them, I scroll over your number and it's impossible not to think of you and put a good word for you Up There...

We wish you a great time there, may you have a happy life of mission, filled with lots and lots of "fruits" and tons of blessings from Above, each moment of your life...please kiss the kids from us, say hello to Rachel, and Shea... ask yourself, who's the coolest romanian you've ever known... dare to say onyone but DJ MANY...hahahaha... excuse my "narcisistic moment"...LOL

Guys, please write back when you have the chance, tell us how you got there, how you found everything, keep us updated about you, give me a phone number when you have one able for others to call you, or a mailing address if it's possible, keep my phone in your records if you want 662-889-9971, if you can call and you wnat to, go ahead, it does not cost me anything to receive international calls, remember our address with a small change, is not 46 Ginger Ln anymore is 102 Ginger Ln. Columbus, MS 39702 and always the same e-mail djmanni@yahoo.com

OK, I will let you go ahead and read the other comments also, sorry for keeping you sooo long with my words... just remember we love you guys and we miss you a loooooot...

same MANY and his KAREN

Anonymous said...

Hey Massengale family,
It is good to hear how you all are doing in Poland. We enjoy reading about your days, and throughly enjoy seeing your pictures. You all are in our prayers. We love you all dearly. We look forward to reading more. We know that God is doing a great work in all your lives. How are the kids getting along in Poland? I can't believe it has already snowed there, I guess were just so not use to it here. God bless you all.
In Christ love,
the Bond family