Saturday, September 15, 2007

Recent happenings...

Just wanted to fill you in on what's been happnin' the last few weeks. Last week many of you were praying for us as we went through our security training. Although extremely stressful, it was very helpful information as they taught us many things concerning our personal security while on the field. We were so encouraged to have our "company" spend so much time on this important matter.

Also, as I write this, I just have to say that I am sitting outside, watching the kids on the playground and its sunny, about 70 degrees, with a nice breeze...fall is in the air!!! God is so incredible through His creation!!! This is also the first Saturday that I have had free since our first week here and some my wonderful co-workers are making a big 'ol pot of chili, and we are watching the Tenn-Fla game later today. Oh yeah, I have been trying to help all you "Big Orange" fans out this week...It just so happens that Tim Tebow's (Fla's QB) sister is here going through our training as she and her family are entering the mission field as well, so I have been talking alot of trash to her this week in hopes that it will jinx her brother (I don't think it is working).

Now, back to IMB stuff...Yesterday was an incredible day!! We spent an entire day going to Washington D.C. with all 250 of my associates. The design, or assignment as it was referred to, was to visit the city with full intention to share the gospel with people that God placed in our paths...and to get some site-seeing in as well. I am amazed at how God does things to allow us to share the story of His son. A couple of quick stories which led to our witnessing opportunities. The first one involved an elderly couple that was there with a WWII group. We were trying to figure out where to eat when I noticed this gentleman having some difficulty walking, so I, along with one of my quadmates went over to help him get to where he was going. Long story short, we were able to share the gospel with them both of them...Marty with the man and me with the woman. Neither accepted Christ, but God was working on them and we left them with tracts. I tell you this simply because we are to be listening and watching all the time. I am ashamed to say that there have been plenty of times when I have not been "walking in the Spirit" but I am thankful for this opportunity God gave me.

Now, sometimes we have to be watching and listening, other times God simply brings them to us, as is the case with Rachel. We were at the Metro Station waiting to load back onto the buses when a young lady came up to Rachel and asked if she had any food or money she could have because she was trying to get back to Williamsburg. Rachel said she would help her if she could share something with her....BOOOYYYYAAAAA!!! She spent the next 20 minutes sharing with her and then when the girl got up and walked away, Rachel motioned for me to come over. She was going to get her boyfriend to come over and talk. Another long-story-short, These 2 people accepted Christ-----Praise the Lord!!!!

Oh yeah, we did a little site seeing too, saw some cool things and some cool people...notice the following pictures....


Who is that???






4 comments:

Ms. Anita said...

That is so neat! Praise God for two new converts!

Anonymous said...

We are so glad to hear that you guys are doing great. We just got your email and got to look at this site it is great. You guys are amazing and God is using you in such a powerful way. We will be praying for you guys.
Adam, Amber & Austin

Anonymous said...

I just luuuuuuuuv y'all!

CoCo

Unknown said...

Shea Butter!

-guess who?