Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What's happening the month of November...

November...
We started the month of November by going to the cemetary...yep, you read it right!! As some of you may remember from a previous post from last year, November 1st is All Saints Day. My mom was still here and it was neat for her and Charlie to be able to see this first hand! (please visit my previous entry on All Saints Day to learn more) (below are a few pics)




Basketball has picked up because the older team is playing games now. It has been fun and Marek, the head coach, actually asked me to lead practice last week because he was not going to be there.

We have also started our one-night-a-week open gym for the winter months. The biggest change this year is the time...we play every Thursday night from 10:30 to 12:00!! This was the only time available from the many gyms I researched. I asked several of the local "ballers" who I was planning on inviting if this time was good for them and they said "of course." It has been a big success as we have been averaging 15-20 guys each time. It has been great to get to know all of these "young" guys...I am the oldest one playing (hehe) and I am finding out that my recovery time from these nights is not as quick as it used to be! Please pray for these relationships!

Oh yes...SNOW is in the forecast for the entire week...temperatures have finally dropped and winter has arrived!!

Well I guess that is it for now...

To all of those who continue to pray for us and our ministries we are forever grateful!!

Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever. As the moutains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people both now and forevermore. Psalm 125:1-2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,
This is Ben and Ashley. It is so exciting to see how God is using you. We love and miss you. Shea, you may want to just stick with coaching as old as you are getting.
Keep the updates coming. We Love you.