Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What happened the month of October...

October...
The first of the month we traveled to Prague, Czech Republic. We had a conference there for those of us who had just gone through our first year. It was an incredible time as we were reunited with those that we went through our training with in Richmond. You know, there are certain people in this world that God places in your life in which He knits your hearts together and there is this "like-mindedness." This group of individuals are those people. These are some of my best friends I have ever had and will ever have. There is a uniqueness in what we are doing and going through. Each of us know exactly what and how we feel. It was such a blessing to spend time with these folks and to know that not even the miles between us can seperate that special bond is so encouraging!!
...train to Prague


...night out with our friends with no kids...steak (1st in 1 1/2 yrs., sweet tea (with ice), and yes...that is a rebel flag in the background)

...Beky Land (Chuck-E-Cheese on steriods), the dad's took the kids while the mom's were shopping


...all the kid's FPO buddies
...everyone with their Starbucks

...pics of beautiful Prague

Also in October, we had a little "halloween" party at our house...actually we just had our some of our friends and neighbors over for some finger foods and we let the kids dress up!




...carving the pumpkin (Claire was not to fond of the "guts")

The second half of the month was spent with my mom and her husband, Charlie. This was an incredible time as we were able to finally show them our lives and not just through skype. They were such a blessing...mom cooked meals (quite delicious, I might add), they watched the kids for us, cleaned the house, washed dishes, and played with the kids. They even kept the kids for Rachel and I as we were able to have a one-night getaway to a wonderful place about 1 hour south of Krakow. Please pray for our families who miss us as much as we miss them.
...art was a big hit while Maw was here!
...hiking in Zakopane
...we stopped for lunch half way up
...Maw & Paw soakin' it up

...more scenery


This is the place where Rachel and I stayed (in the middle of the nowhere and inexpensive!)

...relaxing by the fire
...this is the owner (she fixed us this huge "very Polish" breakfast)

3 comments:

Debbie & Bill said...

I bet I know who Spiderman is...

Anonymous said...

Love the updates and pics!
Dene

Ms. Anita said...

Shea and Rachel,

Thank you for sharing so many photos with us. I'm glad you two got to have a "getaway" time. Seeing that "truly Polish" breakfast makes me long for Europe... reminds me of times I spent in Russia, Germany, and Switzerland.

What type of animal is that "herd" of animals? I'm not sure if they're sheep, or what, and our 8-1/2 yo wonders too.

Continuing to pray for you,
Anita