Sunday, August 12, 2007

"House Church"

Our first "house church service" was this morning. It was different from what our family has been used to but God dwelt among us and it was very encouraging. This was also the first time that our kids had been in this particular kind of setting. Of course McKenna did wonderful, but Philip and Claire was a different story. About 15 minutes into our discussion, I guess that people could tell that Rachel and I were getting a "little" frustrated. So one of our group members spoke up and said the kids weren’t bothering him and that it was fine what they were doing (everyone else agreed). We relaxed a bit and enjoyed our time. Afterwards, we were greatly encouraged to find out that the group in the quad across from us prayed for us when they saw Philip and Claire climbing out of the windows pulling a stroller through with them. Anyway, our small group is a great one and I will share more about them as security will allow.
Last night, Rachel and I got to go out on a date. Seba and Erin, our friends going to Krakow, volunteered their services to allow us to spend some time together. We even splurged and went to Dairy Queen afterwards. Oh, and the kids did great! (so great, that Seba and Erin volunteered their services every weekend…hopefully they are reading this, haha!)

No comments: