Saturday, August 11, 2007

Finally, a moment....

I finally have a moment to write a few thoughts from this last week, and what a week it was!! I don't think that we have ever been so busy in our lives. It was definitely a "good kinda" busy. Rachel and I are learning so much. We appreciate the fact that our organization places such an emphasis on our Savior, Jesus Christ, and the need for prayer. I kind of feel like we have been in revival these last few days, which is something needed in my life. The last few weeks have been so hectic and busy....it seems like there has been so much talk about "the Massengales" and what we are doing, where we are going, etc..., that the focus has been completely taken off Jesus. We have struggled to get in our time with HIM, and can I just say "that's wrong". And then came yesterday....Our afternoon session was called, spiritual retreat. They gave us about 3 hours to go off somewhere to simply spend time with our Lord...good 'ole one-on-one time. I would like to share what God shared with me through His Word. Two things that have been bothering me this week...I have felt like a spiritual weakling around what seems to be all these spiritual giants, so God took me to Philip...no, not my son, but to Philip and the Ethiopian Eunuch. You see he wasn't ordained, not a pastor or preacher, hadn't even been to seminary...He was just an ordinary guy who happened to be a deacon and the Lord used him to share His word with this Eunuch. Which by the way, the beginning of these verses start out with God telling Philip to go down the DESERT road, how many of us would be thrilled about doing that?? Philip didn't know where he was going or what the future held, but he did know who held the future. Which brings me to the second person God took me to in His Word...Paul. You see for the last few weeks the focus has been on us and then God brought me to the passage in 1Corinthians. Paul is writing to the Corinthian Church where some were following Paul, some-Apollos, some-Cephas, and some Christ. Now the subject matter was baptism, but God was telling me, we aren't supposed to compare ourselves with others, we aren't supposed to follow other men, but we are to look to Jesus as our example and follow Him. Later on Paul brings up the subject again and basically says he's not an intellectual and that all he knows is to preach Christ and preach Him crucified.

OK, they say confession is good for ya, but I think I have confessed way too much.

Anyway, things are great here and everyone is doing well. We are making alot of new friends and developing new relationships...it is amazing where God is sending some of these folks. Please continue to pray that we will stay focused and alert during our sessions and that I (notice I did not include Rachel, b/c she is super-organized) will stay organized and on top of all of my reports due here.

By the way, the reason I have had some time to do this is because I have a KIDNEY STONE. Had some pain this morning while Rachel took the kids to the Doc to get their blood checked. Presently, they are right down the street at a pool we found. Probably the last opportunity they will have while we are here to do that and plus it has been in the 100's here, verrrry hotttt!

Also, one last thing...It has been a blessing to have our team leaders here for our first couple of weeks. We have been able to share some good times with them talking about our future there in Krakow. We continue to be impressed with their walk with the Lord and their leadership. As we have talked, it is exciting to continue to see God working even before we are there.

Sorry, I know this has been long and I will try not to ramble in the future....

I will add some more pics soon,

God Bless

No comments: