Monday, July 23, 2007

Awesome family vacation...

Well, we are back from Myrtle Beach. I wanted to touch on several things from our vacation. First of all...a mighty big thanks to Rachel's parents and brother for inviting us to go. It was such a blessing to be able to spend some time with them before we leave. They may be more tired now than before we left, but they were such a help to us and there were plenty of opportunities for the kids to spend some one-on-one time with each grandparent (moments I know they will cherish). Because our kids are early risers, Grandaddy would take Philip and Claire out each morning while Grandmommy would get to spend time with McKenna at night sitting and walking on the beach. Of course I can't forget uncle Brady and all the time he spent with them. Thanks to him, McKenna is alot better "wave rider", Philip has perfected his "cannonball" and Claire is much more proficient at saying "NO, Dee (what she calls him)".
I wanted to share a quick story about something that happened the last day there. Please bare with the details but it is important to the conclusion....





I don't think I have ever been so pumped up at the "end" of a vacation before (you know, those last day blues). But we serve an incredible God who continues to amaze me with how He is putting things together. It was Friday, late afternoon, our last day at the beach. We had no rain all week and the weather was super. We had a lifeguard that was right in front of our condos...didn't really speak to him all week. But then on Friday a thunderstorm came in very quick and it sent everyone running for cover. We decided to leave the beach stuff and instead of going on to our room we headed for another building. The rest of the crew went on in and I stayed outside under the awning watching the storm. This particular lifeguard came under the same awning and the Holy Spirit prompted me to stir up some conversation. I asked him how long he had been working there in Myrtle Beach and when he answered I noticed that he had an accent. I asked him where he was from and was shocked to here him say POLAND....what city?....even more shocked to here him say KRAKOW. I almost jumped for joy...he had probably never seen anyone get so excited about where he was from. We began to talk more and he is a university student there going back Sept. 18th. Now what is interesting about this is that part of my job description involves me working with and trying to reach the university students in Krakow. My first contact with a student from Krakow and it was in Myrtle Beach. I got his email and will continue to stay in touch with him. I told him he would have to show me around and he was real excited. He proceded to tell me that Krakow is the best city in the world and that we were going to love it. Our God truly Reigns and I will never cease to be amazed at His Sovereignty. Please lift this young man (K) up and pray that God will begin to soften his heart to the "good news" about His son.
I also wanted to post some pictures from the beach...




Uncle Brady riding the waves!


First day at the beach
Claire, soaking it up!
With the Joel and Diane


Philip doing a cannonball!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's awesome how the lifegaurd was from Poland!!!!!

Jenna