Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Wisła Junior Team....

I am quite sure that I have mentioned the fact that there is a women's professional basketball team here in Krakow called Wisła (Viswa). They have a really good team as they were champions of the European Basketball League last year. Long-story-short...through a connection that we have with a local hostel where we will be putting all volunteer teams, I found out that there was a Junior team around the same age as McKenna. We went to check it out a few weeks ago and she has begun to practice with the team. She is having a blast playing the game and meeting the girls on the team (they are either 10 or 11 and several speak some English). The coach speaks English and is very helpful in practice. She is a former professional player herself. The practices are challenging, but fun!! Some of the drills they are doing I didn't even do in high school. Did I mention that she is loving it?...of course it doesn't hurt my feelings at all that she wants to hang up the cleats and spend some more time on the hardwood! Below are some pics from one of her practices...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ITS AWESOME THAT GOD IS OPENING DOORS FOR FRIENDS AND WITNESSING.
GOD WILL PROVIDE.

THE HYDES

Anonymous said...

McKenna is a natural out there!
Love,
Dene

Anonymous said...

McKenna reminds me of you Rachel when we were that age...endless energy! :) ~ Robbie